Wednesday 24 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #17

 

Is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases were eagerly anticipating.  The book I'm most excited about this week is...
 
Shadowlands

Shadowlands by Kate Brian
Publication date: January 8th 2013
Publisher: Hyperion

 

Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye.

Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?

I LOVE mysteries and this one sounds brilliant!  The main character Rory already seems like a girl I can get behind and root for. She must be strong to fight off a serial killer and escape.  Add to that, there's complicated relationship between Rory and her sister. I really want to know what's behind that drama.  I don't really see anything mentioned about a romance, but a girl can hope.  Plus, I just love that cover, gorgeous!!  I'm dying to get my hands on this. 

So what are you currently lusting after?  We'd love to know.  Link us up and we'll check it out. 


31 comments:

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

oh yes sounds way cool! A serial killer on the loose! I agree brilliant cover!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HayleyAG said...

I've been hearing great things about this one!

Unknown said...

Have been wanting to read this one since a while!!! Sigh!
My WoW
Addie @ READioactive Book Blog

Unknown said...

Such a pretty cover! Sounds like an awesome murder mystery! Thanks for stopping by!

A Beautiful Madness said...

Wow. This sounds so good! And the cover is amazing. Great pick!
Em @ A Beautiful Madness
My WOW

biochemguy said...

I've seen this one around a few times lately, great pick! Not sure if I will read it or not but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

Tanja - Tanychy said...

I cannot wait to read this book. I sounds so interesting! I hope you'll get a chance to read it soon. :)

Here is my WOW post

Sabina said...

Great choice! Same as me this week =)

My WoW

Sabina @ Delirious About Books

Dragana M. said...

Great cover and I agree plot sound very interesting. Added to Mount TBR. :)
Here's my WoW

Keertana said...

Awesome pick this week, Rachel! I love the cover of this one and the synopsis sounds so unique and intriguing, so I can't wait till this releases! Why is the release date so far away? :(

Leanna Elle said...

I'm really looking forward to this one. Tried for it on Netgalley but I was declined. Boo!

Rebecca said...

Such a pretty cover! The birds, the background, the bold text - all so appealing and thankfully unique (these days, so many are alike).

Sounds creepy but I like a bit of suspense and intrigue so I'm looking forward to checking this one out.

No romance? Aw! Maybe if we hope together? ;D

Anonymous said...

Shadow Lands definitely sounds interesting, although the group of "beautiful teenagers" is slightly suspect. ;)

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

I so cannot wait for this one! I adore the cover and I love this type of murder mystery. Great pick!

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Isn't the cover just amazing? It's the first thing that drew me towards this book! I can't wait to read this either. Great pick!

Monica said...

New follower here. I love your pick! I actually was lucky and got my copy last week. I Cant wait to read it. Feel free to check out my pick...
http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-3.html

Daniëlle said...

Thanks for sharing! It sounds great!

The Book Rogue said...

You had me at surviving a serial killer. Not something that happens that often, and definitively a good base for a book. Be putting this onto my tbr, thank you for sharing!
My WoW

maya said...

Ooh, this looks fab! My WoW is at - what-should-i-read-next.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

Jenny said...

I'm really excited for this one too Rachel! It sounds creepy and twisty and knowing me I'll probably flip to the back page first to see how it ends because I can't deal otherwise. I know. I fail at suspense.

Jennifer said...

This looks amazing and I also love mysteries. Amazing pick. Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post, Rachel. Happy Wednesday :)

Jennifer @ Dream Reads

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good pick, enjoy!

mk said...

I keep seeing this one everywhere and I might give it a try when it comes out. It sounds interesting but I'd have to read some reviews first. I hope you like it though, when it comes out.
Come check out my WOW post.

Livvy said...

This sounds really interesting, but when it popped up on NetGalley a while back I wasn't really interested, so I'll wait for you thoughts on this book before I read.

Lovely pick! :)

WinterHaven said...

I cannot wait for this book! It has been on my list for forever it seems lol! Awesome pick as always =)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

oh wow, this sounds AWESOME! I hadn't heard of it before, I don't believe, but it sounds so interesting. thanks for sharing.

Book Sake said...

I can't wait to read this one as well - it sounds amazing! Can't wait!

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Wendy Darling said...

So looking forward to this one--it looks like it's right up my alley. :) Nice pick!

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

TheBookSlayer said...

You know, normally I'm not a big fan of mysteries but this book seems too good to pass up. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thanks for stopping by The Book Slayer

Jen (Books and Other Happy Ever Afters) said...

Eeep I'm so excited for this one too! :) It sounds so great, I think I should pick up some of Kate Brian's books sometime soon before this one comes out. Great pick! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...