Sunday 21 July 2013

Showcase Sunday #31


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

Hello lovelies, well my requesting finger kind of went out of the window this week, Edelweiss had so many pretties up, that I couldn't help but request nearly all of them. I've decided to only showcase a few of my books from the last two weeks as otherwise you will be completely overwhelmed like I was!


 



Thank you to Spencer Hill, Orchard Books Chicken House and Jodie. *I totally forgot to include Revenge Wears Prada in my photo, thanks to Jodie from Books for Company I now have the chance to review this book!  



The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constantine | Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor | No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale | Panic by Lauren Oliver | The First Affair by Emma Mclaughlin & Nicola Kraus | The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd | Sanctum by Sarah Fine 

Thank you to Harper Collins and Atria Books

The Killing Woods sounds absolutely amazing! I love books which thoroughly mess with your head and it looks like I'll be getting exactly that from this book. Tiger Lily, The Madman's Daughter and Sanctum had been receiving some incredible reviews from my friends that I couldn't pass up the opportunity any longer to grab these books. And The Promise of Amazing looks like such an adorable read, there were so many Harper titles set for release next year, but I'm sure I'll be picking up one of these books really soon!

Now over to Rachel and her haul and if you thought my haul was great wait until you see hers. Willem *grabby hands*





Thank you to Balzer+Bray, Penguin, Random House, and Bloomsbury! 

I got all these lovelies, except one from the ALA in Chicago last month. I’ll probably share a few through giveaways we plan to run next month with my reviews, but I’m dying to read all of these! Seriously, I wish I could just close the doors and read them one right after the other!! Just One Year was sent by a lovely Penguin rep I met at the ALA. I told her I was dying for it (there may have been a few tears, lol!) and she sent me a copy!! I was beyond thrilled!

Isn't Rachel's haul just the best? If you have a haul posted up feel free to link us up in the comments and Rachel and I will drop by to check it out soon! 

21 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Awesome haul of books. I'm hoping that I get approved soon for those Edelweiss books. Come visit me as well.

Grace

Jen (Books and Other Happy Ever Afters) said...

AAHH YOU GUYS. SO. MANY. PRETTIES.
Jasprit: The Killing Woods sounds fantastic, I've heard amazing things about Lucy's writing! And omg, you need to read The Madman's Daughter. LOVE that book! And of course, Panic sounds amazing.

Rachel: EEEEEK. I'm going to be the black sheep here and say that I'm not that excited for Just One Year, but I'm mostly squealing about Where the Stars Still Shine, because that book was gorgeous! <3 I hope I read Wild Cards soon.

Lovely, lovely haul this week, ladies! Happy reading <3

Siiri said...

The Promise of Amazing--WANT WANT WANT. I also want to read Camp Boyfriend:) Your haul is extremely pretty, Jasprit! Oh, and Rachel? Giiiiirl, I'm so jealous of you even though I haven't read Defience or Just One Day yet *I suck lol*, all of your arcs are highly anticipated and I can't wait to find out what happens in Untold. Also, perhaps Wild Cards will be a better read for me than Perfect Chemistry and everything that follows in that series since I found them too cheesy :( Happy reading girls! :)

Sallie Mazzur said...

No One Else Can Have You has such a fantastic cover! I'm looking forward to seeing if they make it a matte cover or if it will have some type of soft/sweater texture! Design teams for book covers can get really creative sometimes. :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

JUST ONE YEAR!! I can't wait to see what you make of it, Rachel! I'll have to convince you to read it soon. ;) I'm also really looking forward to Untold and The Killing Woods. Jasprit, my sister finished reading The Killing Woods today and she loved it. And she reads about 3 books every year, ha. I can't wait to get started on my copy soon! Brilliant haul, ladies, and I hope you both enjoy your new books. :)

Bystander said...

Good Lord, you got so many awesome books! I love that Madman's Daughter cover. It's so creepy! And Sanctum is one of my favorite books! And I want all the other ones too! Have fun reading!
My STS

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I'm so excited for you to read Sanctum and Tiger Lily - I just LOVE both of those! I also cannot wait to see what you think of The Killing Woods - I hope it's as good as Stolen! :)

And Rachel, JUST ONE YEAR?!?!? *dies* I hope it's the amazing conclusion we're all hoping for! I'm also thrilled for Untold and hope you love Where the Stars Still Shine - I really loved that one.

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Oh Jasprit you've got Tiger Lily! I'm so excited and I can't wait for you to read it. I really love it. I also can't wait to see what you think of No One Else Can Have You! :)
Rachel Just One Year! Can I be jealous for a moment? I mean I'm still suffering after that cliffhanger. I hope you'll read it soon so I can see your review for it! :)

Great haul girls ;)

Melanie said...

UM OH MY HOLY I CAN'T EVEN.

Jasprit, your ebook haul is insanely epic, your kindle/ereader is going to explode with cool cat-ness.

Rachel- JUST ONE FREAKIN YEAR. *dies* I shall simply have to break into your house and grab that.

Fantastic haul, ladies! <33

Jaz said...

Just One Year. STARS. Untold. I AM DEAD.

ESPECIALLY JOY though omg <333 want so badly!

I also bought Camp Boyfriend so I'll see how that goes when it arrives.

So jealoussssss omg happy reading!

kit said...

The Killing Woods sounds AMAZING. Just added to my TBR!

The Cover Contessa said...

You got Panic!!!! ACK!!!! I WANT!!! And Camp Boyfriend is a great story! I loved it.
My SS: http://www.thecovercontessa.com/2013/07/showcase-sunday-16.html

Eunice said...

JUST ONE YEAR!! Oh my god, Rachel! I'm so jealous of you right now! I can't even start the first book because I'm waiting for that. Ughh! I wanna fly out there and hunt you. Lol! But seriously. Anyhoo, these books you girls got all seems really lovely. I've been seeing Killing Woods quite a lot lately and I'm certainly very curious about it now. I've requested The Promise of Amazing, hopefully, I'd get approved. And Sanctum, I didn't know you haven't read it yet, Jasprit. Hope you enjoy it, it was such a fun read. Where the Stars Still Shine sounds fantastic too. Gotta check that out.

Hope you enjoy all these books, ladies. Happy reading!

Nuzaifa @ Word Contessa said...

OMG. So many gorgeous books guys!
I so want to read The Promise of Amazing and Where the Stars Still Shine! Happy Reading, ladies! :)

Carina Olsen said...

Ahh. So much awesome! Cannot wait to read Deception. <3 Also, heartbreak. I haven't heard back from HarperCollins on Edelweiss yet :( Heard that so many are auto-approved :\ *Sad face* <3 Anyway. I hope you'll love everything that you got :D

Unknown said...

Oooh... Sanctum. I can't tell you how many people have told me I have to read that. It really does sound good though. :) And The Killing Woods! I'm so eager to get my hands on that one, I hope you love it! While I wasn't the hugest fan of Just One Day (don't hate me) I am still eager to find out the conclusion to their story... hope you enjoy it as much as you did the first! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

YEah! Sanctum! Love that book. I hope you do too, Jasprit. I grabbed a few off Edelweiss but I tried to keep it in check. I know I wish I could just hole up for a couple of days and do nothing but read! Have a great week, ladies.

brandileigh2003 said...

Promise of Amazing looks great, hope you enjoy!

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Can't wait to hear how The Killing Woods is! Where the Stars Still Shine is coming up on my reading schedule and I cannot be more exciting! I hope you both enjoy all of these new reads!

Unknown said...

Great book hauls! I'm so curious about The Promise of Amazing. And I can't wait to read Wild Cards. Enjoy your books, ladies!

Unknown said...

CAMP BOYFRIEND! Ah. It's not in my library system nor have I been able to snag one. And Just One Year! Deception! Panic! The Promise of Amazing! Okay...how do you get such an awesome haul? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...