Sunday 1 September 2013

Showcase Sunday #34


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

Hello lovelies, another quiet book haul for me this week, but I am super excited about getting started with these books. Here are the books that I received.




Thank You to Bloomsbury Publishing and William Morrow Paperbacks.

I was so happy to finally get a copy of The Bride Wore Size 12, I absolutely adore this series, and I'm excited to finally see how this one will end, but also sad to say goodbye to such a fantastic set of characters. I will be starting this on Monday with the lovely Nick from Nick's Book Blog, if you don't hear from me in the next few days it'll probably be because I'm still hung up on this book. I started The Bone Season the other day, the reviews have been great so far, but it's taking me a while to get into. I loved the first two books in the Perfect Chemistry series, so I'm hoping that I'll end up enjoying this latest one too.


I also had a great swag week too, a big thank you to Ruta Sepetys, Chapter 5 and Indigo Books.

Over to Rachel and her haul.




Thank you to Tor Teen and Viking/Penguin! 

I didn’t get much this week but that’s okay with me because I’m overloaded with books I already have! I’m really excited for All the Truth That’s in Me and I’m glad it’s not a 500 pager. Lately when I see a book that long it makes me nervous, because unless you really love it, that’s a lot of pages to get through!

It’s a three-day holiday weekend out here in the States so I’m excited to be off of work and I plan on doing nothing but read by the pool.  It’s still blisteringly HOT in Southern California and to tell you the truth I’ll be glad when the cooler weather arrives. Hope all of you are having a lovely weekend whether or not it’s a long one! 

Feel free to leave a link to your book hauls in the comment below and we'll stop by and check it out.

21 comments:

Jen (Books and Other Happy Ever Afters) said...

Jasprit - I'm going to be reading Wild Cards soon, I hope we both love it! And I tried reading The Bone Season last month and I just couldn't get into it. I'm interested to see your review for it and maybe we had the same problem!
Rachel - Both Replica and All the Truth That's in Me sound really good! I haven't seen any negative reviews for either. I'll be looking forward to what you think!

Happy reading, ladies! <3

Sassy Sarah Reads said...

You ladies always get such great books! Even your small hauls are fantastic. I can't wait for your thoughts on Wild Cards and The Bone Season, Jaspirit!

All the Truth That's in Me looks so dang good. Hope you enjoy it, Rachel!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Looks like you both got some fun books! I need to check out Meg Cabot's adult titles. I do want too!

And it was hot in South Carolina (for vacation) but I'm now and it's a bit cooler. I can't wait for fall either!

Anonymous said...

Excellent haul! I've heard good things about The Bone Season, so I hope you enjoy it!

It's always very hot in California at the end of August. I am ready for fall!

Unknown said...

Wildcards! I just finished reading Replica and I can't wait to see what you think about it :D
Enjoy the haul.

-Dannielle

Keertana said...

Rachel, I haven't heard of your books, actually, so I'm curious to see what your verdict is on those. Jasprit, I really enjoyed The Bone Season and hope you enjoy it! I'm also looking into reading Wild Cards, so I can't wait to read your thoughts on that - I know Rachel really enjoyed it. Wonderful haul, ladies!

Anonymous said...

Replica looks really amazing! Those swags looks soo beautiful lol. I hope you enjoy all your books (:

-leigh

Tanja - Tanychy said...

You've got some amazing books as always. The Bone Season is the one that I'm really looking forward too. I can't wait to see what you think of it Jasprit. Also I hope that you and Nick will enjoy your read-along :)
Rachel I have heard some great things about Replica and I can't wait to see what you think of it.
Amazing haul girls :))

Siiri said...

What a great haul, girls! I've heard so many great things about The Bone Season. Christina, Lauren and everyone else's reviews I've seen so far have been quite praising. And The Truth About Me cover looks insanely cool. It reminds me a little of Slated's cover. I hope you enjoy all of your books and have a great Sunday, lovelies!

Melanie said...

The Bone Season is pretty good, and All The Truth That's In Me is absolutely amazing! I hope it goes well, Rach!

Happu reading, ladies! <33

Unknown said...

Wild Cards is awesome, Jasprit.

Enjoy everything this week! I'm glad you have a manageable pile. :)

brandileigh2003 said...

Bone season looks good, hope you enjoy

Lucy Powrie said...

I'm also really looking forward to starting Wild Cards because it does look good.

All The Truth That's in Me is super good and I just finished writing my review.

Happy reading, you two!

Bystander said...

Wow, you guys got such good books this week!
My STS

Unknown said...

I've never heard of The Bride Wore Size 12, but it looks great. I'm excited to read Wild Cards soon.
I hope you enjoy your books!

Unknown said...

Ooh, great haul! I never got to finish that Meg Cabot series so I'll have to asap! Love the books, enjoy reading :)

Anonymous said...

Jasprit, you have no idea how excited I am for The Bride Wore Size 12! I need more Cooper! <3
It's a shame that you can't get into The Bone Season. I got that one last week and I've been putting off reading it because I heard about the info dumping. I hope you like Wild Cards better than I did. I had a few issues with it, but I know a lot of people enjoyed it.

Rachel, I can't wait to see what you think of All The Truths That In Me. I've been curious about Replica. I'll look forward to your reviews, Rachel!

Enjoy your lovely books, ladies! :)

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh, lots of awesome :D I have not read any of these, but they all look awesome. Think All The Truths That's In Me sounds amazing. Hope you'll enjoy it all :D Thank you for sharing. <3

Blythe Harris said...

I can't wait to see what you think of All the Truth That's in Me! Mel really liked it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to connect with the 2nd person writing. Either way, though, I look forward to your thoughts!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great haul. Happy reading :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

All the Truths That's in Me has been getting some great reviews! The UK cover is totally different though. I almost didn't realise that they were the same book. I hope you enjoy it! :)

And Jasprit, I have Wild Cards too! I enjoyed the first Perfect Chemistry book, so I hope it's good. I've been craving a lot of contemporary romance recently, strangely enough. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...