Friday 20 February 2015

Review: No More Confessions (Confessions #3) by Louise Rozett

No More Confessions by Louise Rozett
Publisher: Stonesong
Publication Date: January 25th 2015
My rating: 4 stars  


For Rose Zarelli, freshman year was about controlling her rage. Sophomore year was about finding her voice. With all that behind her, junior year should be a breeze, right? Nope. When a horrific video surfaces, Rose needs the one person she wants to be done with, the person who has broken her heart twice—Jamie Forta. But as the intensity between them heats up, Rose realizes she isn’t the only one who needs help. The thing is, Jamie doesn’t see it that way—and that could cost them both everything.

No More Confessions was one of my highly anticipated reads; I loved the previous two books in the series that I couldn’t wait to get back to Rose’s story. Rose had come a really long way since we first met her in Confessions of an Angry Girl. She was a girl who was still getting to know her way in the world, but also a girl who showed tremendous growth. I loved how in comparison to other people, Rose came across as a really mature individual. Okay sometimes she was quite impulsive and her temper got the better of her, but that’s what makes Rose who she is. In this book however she showed more maturity than one character in particular, this character sort of made me mad at times. I wanted to shake them a couple of times, I think my feelings of annoyance out-weighed my feelings of adoration this time around. Although this character did have some super sweet moments which I loved, I just wanted the character back that I’d come to know and love. The worst thing was that I thought with certain help from people, this would help this character stay on track, but maybe a bit of separation is what is needed for everyone *cries*

No More Confessions was a different tone than the previous books, there were a lot of important decisions that Rose had to make right from the beginning, and I think the growth of her character really shone through during these moments. It was a lot for a 16 year old to deal with, but with the right amount of support from her family and friends I think Rose went on to make the right decisions when she needed to. It wasn’t however always a sombre tone through this book. I liked it in particular how some characters and their quirky personalities, could just lift your mood right up. We had Robert and his endearing attempts to get his ex-girlfriend back and Angelo and his “sweater” references brought back all the fond memories of why I fell in love with these characters and series in the first place.

I did think that No More Confessions would be the final book in the series, but with the way things have been left, there is so much potential for there to be another book in this fantastic series so far. Also there’s still a few things I still need answers to and I still want that one particular ending, I know my review has been pretty vague, but there’s so much brilliance that fans of this series need to experience for themselves! Fans won’t be disappointed, as this is one book that shouldn’t be missed out on.



10 comments:

Melanie said...

OMG THERE'S A 3RD BOOK? FINALLYYYYYYYY OMFG. I kept checking GR for this period of time last year because I wanted a 3rd book so bad and I kinda gave up checking because it seemed like there wasn't a 3rd book coming. But yaaaaay I am so happy to hear this news right now! I NEED THIS ONE SO BAD. I'm glad that you were satisfied with this, Jasprit!

Lovely review, hun <33

Unknown said...

How the heck did I not know book three was out?! Oh man, after the shenanigans of Confessions 2, I don't know if I can handle any more emotion haha! So glad you enjoyed this, Jasprit! Fingers crossed there's a book 4 because Rose is too amazing to say goodbye to :(

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I wasn't aware that there was going to be another book too. I thought this was the last. I was hoping it would be it too. :/
Anyways, I'm glad to hear that Rose grows a lot. I really love her character, and she was such a shining star in the other 2 books. I'll have to read this one soon because I want to meet this cast again.
Lovely review, Jasprit!

brandileigh2003 said...

Love the cover, but haven't heard much about these but sounds worthwhile

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I don't recall this series at all. I need to go do some research. Sounds good though. Happy weekend, Jasprit.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I haven't read any of these, but that's great you're enjoying the series and the MC sounds great. I hope you get another book!

The Teen Book Guru said...

Oh my gosh I feel like I've been hiding underneath a rock, I had no idea there was another installment in this series out! Silly Riya. >.< I love Rose so much, she is one of my favorite characters of all time and I just find her so relatable and spunky. I'm glad to hear she hasn't changed too much, but I'm so curious (and already kind of annoyed) about this mysterious character you are talking about! I'm so happy you liked this, and I can't wait to get reacquainted with Rose and her crazy life again. Lovely review, J! xx

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I haven't read any of these! I do love when a series keeps you wanting more, even when it's (supposedly) the last book. And yay to character growth throughout a book and a series.

Unknown said...

Thank's for review! I'll read it!
FreelanceHouse

Unknown said...

Wow! This book is amazing. I like to spend my time reading interesting books. I am more than happy to uncover your site. I am able to bookmark it and come back later to find more cool things from you in future. Don't forget that professionals at
custom-paper-writing.org can write brilliant descriptions to all your new books.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...