Saturday 10 March 2018

Weekly Recap #27

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap! We've decided to link our weekly wrap up's with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer.



WHAT I READ/REVIEWED 

Jasprit:
(Click on title for Goodreads link)


I managed to get quite a bit of reading done this week, but the books just sort of ended up being average for me, Hopeless I didn't even end up finishing. But I did make a start on Alex Approximately and I'm liking what I've read so far! 

Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)


Kulti was fantabulous! Mariana Zapata has become a new favorite author for me having just read The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, Lingus and now Kulti!  I want to read From Lukov With Love soon but I'm waiting around hoping there's going to be an audio-book version released.  Love Callie Dalton's narration! Collision Point was alright.  The sexy-times were a little too frequent, and at odd times. Like danger, action, I might die, and now we must remove all our clothes and **** like rabbits!  Still, I wanted to finish it and see how it all turned out. Burn Bright was wonderful! Patricia Briggs is such a consistently excellent writer, with plots and characters well thought out and so smart!

BOOKS RECEIVED 
Jasprit 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)


I came across this book this week, I don't know why I didn't realise that it was out, but I think with my obsession with Shonda Rhimes show, I was eager to give her book a go. I purchased myself an audio copy and even made a start on it.

Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)


Mary Balogh writes such thoughtful and engrossing historical romances, I couldn't resist getting a copy of Someone to Care.  Nalini Singh's Silver Silence last year was amazing so of course I want the second in the series.

NEW TO MY TBR
Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link)


As I already mentioned I purchased a copy of Year of Yes, and although I didn't enjoy the last Samantha Young book I read, I blame it on the audio copy I listened to, I have high hopes for this one and it sounds just like my sort of book.

Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)

I have a few books I've added to my TBR, but they don't have covers yet: Sweep of the Blade by Ilona Andrews, a short side story from The Innkeeper Chronicles that features Maud, Dina's sister, and Arland the vampire.  I loved their interactions in the last book, and I'm assuming this is their romance. It isn't all the way written yet. They have several chapters up for free on their website, and it will continue to be up for free until the whole story is complete then they'll release the entire story for a charge.  I may wait until it's done, because I hate waiting in between chapters. The Dark Corners of the Night (UNSUB #3) by Meg Gardiner will be out next year and I can't wait! Her mysteries are a heart-pounding thrill ride!

  WHAT I'M WATCHING:
Jasprit  



I finished season 6 of of Scandal and its all kinds of crazy! There were some episodes that I loved and some that I was just really baffled about, but I'm carrying on just so I can finish the season finale and find out how everything goes down.

Rachel:


Nothing! I've been super busy balancing working, running and review books! TV/movies have taken a backseat, or more accurately, that uncomfortable back row in an SUV!  That's how far back in the priorities TV watching has become. My husband continues to watch Justified while I'm in and out of the family room/kitchen so I do get bits and pieces and his updates, but I haven't been a completely present participant.  He has two episodes left to finish off the series when we get back from out vacation. I'm afraid a lot of people will be dead.


EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Jasprit 

I felt so proud of myself this week as I was back on track with my eating this week, with my race coming up in July, I thought I'd try sorting myself out. I was also talking to my trainer about keeping the right balance and he said its okay to have the occasional treat, so I'm hoping to do that tomorrow with my sister in law's baby shower and Mother's Day on Sunday. And this week was the release of one of my best friend's debut books To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo, I was lucky enough to read an early copy and I'm just so proud that this book is out in the world for everyone else to read!

Rachel:

I've been on my half-marathon schedule, running four days/strength training three days each week and also working, so by the time dinner is finished I can barely keep my eyes open past 9:30 or 10:00 and so my reading schedule has taken a hit.  I'm trying to get through my review pile, blog and comment and it's been tough.  I'm enjoying my training this time around more, though, and I'm faster than I've been through previous training, so I'm excited about that. 
I'm up in Cambria, CA right now.  Left to come up here on Thursday for some wine tasting and relaxing.  It's raining right now so I'm in my room enjoying this:


I did my training mileage along Moonstone Beach with gorgeous views of the ocean. My husband took this shot while we were enjoying the sunset:




How was your week?

20 comments:

Greg said...

9 Days and 9 Nights looks cute. Burn Bright seems to be getting such good buzz. And Fight or Flight looks like it could be fun!

Congrats too on your friend's book Jasprit! From what I've seen so far around the blogosphere it seems to be getting raves! I hope it does fabulous for her.

I haven't seen scandal or Justified, but I started Jessica Jones 2 this weekend. Time to binge!! :)

Sophia Rose said...

Busy week for you both. Enjoy the new books and congrats on your training work.
I read Burn Bright this week and loved it.

Have a great week!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I am curious about Kulti and loved On An Island and Alex, Approximately. Good luck with your training.

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

That's hilarious about Collision Point xD good luck with your training :)

Samantha@WLABB said...

Jas - I am sad you found 9 Days mediocre. I am a 99 Days fan and was looking forward to this one. I am happy you are enjoying Alex, because it was one of my faves last year. I hope you like Fight or Flight, because I have my eye on that one.
Rachel - such beautiful pictures. Glad you are enjoying your time in CA.

Jo said...

I love Scandal!! I like the Nalini Singh book-haven't read her yet!!
https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/stacking-shelves_10.html

Mary @ StackingMyBookShelves! said...

I disliked Collision Point. I hope you enjoy it tho - lots do. Lots of lovely books. I hope you have a good week in reading. I just got back in my home after a week of no power so I am behind in things. Have a good week. =)

Mary #SundayRoundup #9

Anonymous said...

You both had such busy weeks! I hope you have a great week and enjoy the new books you both got too.

The Book Disciple said...

Rachel I felt the same way about Collision point! It was just too much! I grabbed Ocean's light as soon as the widget landed in my inbox! I am so excited for Bowen's book!
Hope you both have a great week!

Cricket said...

I need to catch up on Scandal and I like the cover for Ocean Light. I've never read anything by this author but I need to add it to my list. I need to workout and change my eating but haven't gotten around to it. Have a great week!

Nicci said...

OMG, I LOVE Mariana Zapata! She is freakin' awesome and From Lukov With Love is definitely one of my favourite books of the year. I know it's only March but It'll still be one of my favourites for the year come December. I ADORED it.
Kulti is one of the 3 I haven't read yet (Rhythm & Lingus being the other two.) Glad that it's as awesome as the others!
Have a great week. :)

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

Jasprit sorry your books this week weren't great. I did love Year of Yes on audio though. Hope you do too. Rachel that picture with the wine, fire and computer looks like perfection! Have a great week guys!

Rachel said...

I just finished Lingus before Kulti and loved both! Hope you do, too, Nicola. I'm excited for From Luckov With Love! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit: I really liked Year of Yes, and I don't even watch Shonda's shows really, so if you're a fan, you might like it even MORE though I do think anyone can read it!

Rachel: You have the third Unsub book? I JUST finished the second one and I need more!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Tracy said...

That view is gorgeous!! I really need to watch Scandal! I know SO MANY people who love it! Justified is one I've had on my watch list forever too! Have a great week :D

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I hope you guys enjoy your new books! I would love to be in front of that fire or at that beach right now. Have a great week!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Unknown said...

Ahh you girls are staying so healthy with all that exercise--I'm actually jealous! I miss training for cheerleading and giving myself the illusion that I'm exercising enough. xD And congrats to your sister in law with the baby, Jasprit! <3

- Aimee @ Aimee, Always

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Jasprit - On the Island! I read that book in like a day. I had a hard time putting it down, though a few things were a little out there. I'm sorry you didn't love it though. :( I also really liked Kulti when I read it too, though it was looooong. I need to check out some of her other books.

Rachel, the wine and relaxing sounds amazing and I love that pic of you on the beach!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Glad to hear that both of you ladies are back on track with your fitness. I have done really well with my exercise routine over the last few weeks, hopefully I can stay on track. Lots of great books to love up there. I have Burn Bright audio locked and loaded on my phone to start soon.

Carina Olsen said...

Eee, sounds like you both had an amazing week :D Thank you for sharing girls. <3 And yay, Jasprit, for reading more :D But ugh, I'm sorry the books weren't all that awesome. How rude :) And I'm glad you loved the books that you read Rachel. <3 Yay. They all sound awesome :) I hope this week is going great for both of you. <3 All the hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...